Make Design Modifications Directly on STL, Scanned and CAD Data
Materialise 3-matic is 3D modeling software that enables design optimization and modification on STL level, using CAD designs, scanned data and topology optimized models as a starting point. You can clean up rough data for simulation or convert your mesh back to CAD. In addition, it allows you to enhance your design by creating 3D textures, lightweight models and conformal structures, ready for Additive Manufacturing.
With Materialise 3-matic you can:
- prepare your data for a quick and efficient finite element analysis;
- design or repair missing or badly scanned components;
- efficiently create textures, perforations and patterns on your STL data. Start from a 3D bitmap to be converted into textures or from a single pattern element to design an elaborate 3D patterning;
- design impressive lightweight structures that lower weight without compromising on strength or that allow you to create variable flexibility and rigidness within a part;
- efficiently change your design so that it can be tested in a wind tunnel
What's New in Materialise 3-matic 11.0
Design and build better parts with Materialise 3-matic11, part of the Materialise Magics 3D Print Suite. This new version has a collection of new functions all aimed at creating design that endures.
You will have new tools to analyze, redesign and optimize lightweight structures along with improved functions to fix and redesign incomplete geometries. On top of that, you can rely on a completely restructured Remesh toolbar and improved algorithm for reverse engineering to CAD file formats.
New key features and improvements:
Strong link to analysis tools
- Import and export lattice structures to FEA
- Adapt the beam thickness of lattice structures in 3D, based on FEA
Profound AM buildability checks
- Check overhangs for triangles and graphs to highlight problematic areas
- Filter out beams based on angle, length and amount of connections
Enhanced design operations
- Calculate the pore size of lattice structures
- Modify your lattice structure locally by marking separate regions
- Convert a triangle mesh to parametric files (.step, .igs) with improved patching algorithms
Fully controllable mesh quality
- Obtain an optimal mesh quality with advanced and new Remesh algorithms
- Benefit from an improved, user-friendly workflow, with specific expert and novice mode
> for more details request the 'What's new?' presentation
Note: This Materialise 3-matic version is not suited for design optimization of medical devices. For more information about design optimization for medical applications, please visit Materialise 3-matic Medical.