Make Design Modifications Directly on STL, Scanned and CAD Data
Materialise 3-matic is 3D modeling software that enables design optimization and modification on STL level, using CAD designs, scanned data and topology optimized models as a starting point. You can clean up rough data for simulation or convert your mesh back to CAD. In addition, it allows you to enhance your design by creating 3D textures, lightweight models and conformal structures, ready for Additive Manufacturing.
With Materialise 3-matic you can:
- prepare your data for a quick and efficient finite element analysis;
- design or repair missing or badly scanned components;
- efficiently create textures, perforations and patterns on your STL data. Start from a 3D bitmap to be converted into textures or from a single pattern element to design an elaborate 3D patterning;
- design impressive lightweight structures that lower weight without compromising on strength or that allow you to create variable flexibility and rigidness within a part;
- efficiently change your design so that it can be tested in a wind tunnel
What's New in Materialise 3-matic 10.0
We continually improve our software, taking your suggestions into account. Materialise 3-matic 10.0 offers extended texture and patterning possibilities, such as new positioning options, as well as advanced control over the thickness and porosity of lightweight structures. In addition, this release encompasses point-based and contour scan strategies for structures. You can also perform more sophisticated analyses thanks to an improved link to FEA.
New key features and improvements:
- Design structures with a gradient thickness, that is linear or image-based
- Calculate the structure’s porosity and define a good set of parameters
- Validate the structures by creating a compatible FEA structure model and export to FEA
- Improve the mesh quality with a single click
- Design a random pattern based on the mesh, or try out the new spiral pattern
- Control the texturing and patterning alignment with the new easy align tools
- Export buildable STL files or complex designs in other file formats, for point or contour scanning in AM machines
> for more details request the ‘What’s new?’ presentation
Note: This Materialise 3-matic version is not suited for design optimization of medical devices. For more information about design optimization for medical applications, please visit Materialise 3-matic Medical.